By Larry & Jeanne Starr
July 21, 2007; Jefferson WI — Curt Thompson of Fort Atkinson claimed top honors, for the first time in the 2007 season, in the “Miller Lite 50” Late Model feature, on Wisconsin’s Action Track. Starting 3rd Thompson claimed the point on the first lap, and never looked back guiding the field to the checkered flag.
As Thompson showed the way Steve Dobbratz worked his way from a 13th place start, to claim the 2nd spot by lap 32, with Doug Hahn close behind for 3rd. Dobbratz closed with Thompson over the closing laps but was never able to find the opening he needed. At the stripe it was Thompson for the win followed by Dobbratz, Hahn, Dylan Schuyler and Jerry Eckhart.
In Sportsman action Dave “The Wizard” Oswald of Cottage Grove claimed victory in the 30 lap feature. Starting inside row 7, Oswald headed toward the point as RC Van Ramsull claimed the early lead. Oswald made his way, quickly, to the front, motoring under Van Ramsull on the 9th circuit. As Oswald pulled ahead Scott “Chico” Riedner was making his way up through the 10 spot. Caution came on lap 18, for fluid on the track, with Oswald still at the point and Riedner up to the 3rd spot, behind Van Ramsull. Riedner claimed the 2nd spot on lap 19 closing with Oswald. Oswald was up to the challenge, holding off Riedner as they flew toward the checkers. At the stripe it was Oswald for the win followed by Riedner, Tom Reents, Luke Padfield and Ken Scott.
In International action Kyle Smith of Lake Mills notched the win, in the 20 lap main event. Starting outside row 3, Smith headed to the font, as Rodney Mundt grabbed the early lead. Mundt led the way for 10 laps, as Smith closed the gap. Moving to the inside, on lap 9, Smith claimed the point on the 11th circuit. By lap 12 Mark English claimed the 2nd spot, keeping the pressure on Smith. Smith proved up to the challenge, holding off the charge of English as they raced to the checkered. At the finish it was Smith for the win followed by English, Mundt, Casey Strese and Ken Au.
In Hobby Stock action Dustin Ward of Beaver Dam led every lap, of the 25 lap feature, to claim the win. Starting outside the front row, Ward took the lead at the green and never looked back showing the way to the checkers. Jim Tate made his way from an 8th place start, to the 2nd spot, by lap 19, but could not find his way past ward. At the stripe it was Ward for the win followed by Tate, Mike Meyers, Alan Dorn and Pete Elgas.
In Bandit action Kyle Watters of Stoughton claimed victory in the 20 lap feature. Starting inside row 7 Watters headed to the front as Darren Brown claimed the early lead. Brown showed the way for 14 laps, before he was overtaken by Watters. Claiming the point on lap 16 Watters guided the field to the checkered flag. At the stripe it was Watters for the win followed by Jeff Lefave, Gary Stark, Rory Padfield and Kenny Christenson.
The action continues next week as Jefferson Speedway hosts the “Scott Oil Company 50”, with a 50 lap Late Model feature and a full racing program in all divisions.
Gates open at 3:00PM, Qualifying at 5:00PM and the first race starts at 7:00PM.
Jefferson Speedway is half way between Jefferson and Cambridge Wisconsin on highway 18. Visit us on the World Wide Web at www.jeffersonspeedway.com.
Click Here for Complete RACESTAT results
Jefferson Speedway Race Summary – 07/21/2007 Miller Lite 50
Late Model Division Feature Finish
1) 66 Curt Thompson 2) 52 Steve Dobbratz (Rio)
3) 99 Doug Hahn (Whitewater) 4) 33 Dylan Schuyler (Jefferson)
5) 61 Jerry Eckhart 6) 14 Kyle Taylor (Stoughton)
7) 11 Tim Petrie (Fort Atkinson) 8) 4 Chris Quam (Stoughton)
9) 12 Greg Bowers (Waterloo) 10) 71 Jason Deppe (Waterloo)
11) 104 Noel Ramge 12) 29 Scott Lindsay (Dousman)
13) 79 Justin Schultz (Rio) 14) 3 Chuck Duncan (Milwaukee)
15) 71 Jason Dunn (Sun Prairie) 16) 5 Casey Johnson (Stoughton)
17) 71 John Ovadal (Watertown) 18) 44 Roger Behlke (Jefferson)
Fast Qualifier: 99 Doug Hahn (Whitewater) : 14.430 seconds
Fast Dash: 71 Jason Dunn (Sun Prairie)
LastChance: 3 Chuck Duncan, 5 Casey Johnson, 79 Justin Schultz, 12 Greg Bowers
Heats: Qual1) 68 Ken Olson, Qual2) 11 Tim Petrie, Qual3) 22 Jasper Gronert
International Division Feature Finish
1) 90 Kyle Smith (Lake Mills) 2) 57 Mark English (Janesville)
3) 21 Rodney Mundt (Lake Mills) 4) 23 Casey Strese (Watertown)
5) 31 Ken Au (Jefferson) 6) 57 Pete Seitz (Edgerton)
Fast Qualifier: 31 Ken Au (Jefferson) : 16.767 seconds
Fast Dash: 57 Mark English (Janesville)
Heats: Qual1) 57 Pete Seitz, qual2) 57 Mark English
Sportsman Division Feature Finish
1) 31 David Oswald (Cottage Grove) 2) 26 Scott Riedner (Waunakee)
3) 42 Tom Reents (Janesville) 4) 4 Luke Padfield (Jefferson)
5) 39 Ken Scott (Rio) 6) 98 Jeff Kohlhoff (Watertown)
Fast Qualifier: 31 David Oswald (Cottage Grove) : 15.207 seconds
Fast Dash: 31 David Oswald (Cottage Grove)
LastChance: 41 Dick Reents, 4 Mark Joyner, 7 James Helmer, 8 Shaun Scheel
Heats: Qual1) 4 Mark Joyner, qual2) 26 Scott Riedner, qual3) 7 James Helmer
Hobby Stock Division Feature Finish
1) 9 Dustin Ward (Beaver Dam) 2) 27 Jim Tate Jr. (Watertown)
3) 80 Mike Meyers (Town of Beloit) 4) 96 Alan Dorn (Waterlou)
5) 52 Peter Elgas (Janesille) 6) 42 Bobby Selsing Jr. (Fort Atkins
Fast Qualifier: 14 Andy Raley : 16.526 seconds
Fast Dash: 42 Bobby Selsing Jr. (Fort Atkinson)
LastChance: J10 Nick Golich, 55 PJ Johnson, 05 Rob Nuti, 29 Mike Manley
Heats: Qual1) J10 Nick Golich, qual2) 80 Mike Meyers, qual3) 27 Jim Tate Jr.
Bandit Division Feature Finish
1) 7 Kyle Watters (Stoughton) 2) 81 Jeffery Lefave (Fort Atkinson)
3) 35 Gary Stark (Waunakee) 4) 3 Rory Padfield (Stoughton)
5) 7 Kenny Christenson (Oconomowoc) 6) 25 Darren Brown (jefferson)
Fast Qualifier: 7 Kyle Watters (Stoughton) : 14.283 seconds
Fast Dash: 7 Kenny Christenson (Oconomowoc)
Consi: 77 Shaun Gonsolus, 18 Jay Bergen
LastChance: 135 Robert Lange, 82 Mark Dewey, 89 Chad Olds, 9 Sean Matteson
Heats: Qual1) 90 Titus Helgastade, qual2) 135 Robert Lange, qual3) 7 Kyle Watters